Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

If I Were In Charge of The World...




If I were in charge of the world…
The world would be rid of war, poverty, and cruelty.
It would be eliminated of pollution,
And no one would dare crush another’s hopes or happiness.

If I were in charge of the world…
People would take the time to smile at each other, no matter their differences.
People would have no reason to be sorrowful, but still know the preciousness of joy.

If I were in charge of the world…
No dream would be left unfulfilled.
We’d be able to soar above the sky, without wings,
We’d hope for the unimaginable and our hopes would come true.

If I were in charge of the world…
Horrible thoughts wouldn’t exist,
Neither would violence,
Or fingernails scraping a chalkboard.

If I were in charge of the world…
Even someone with flaws could run it, as long as they had the people’s best interest at heart.
Someone, who believed their actions were for the good of the world, even when they made mistakes could still be in charge of the world, as long as they corrected them.

If I were in charge of the world,
The world would not be the way it is now.



 

5 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but I especially like the line "we'd be able to soar above the sky, without wings". A world without fingernails on chalkboard would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely hate the sound of nails on a chalk board. So I'd be fine in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the line about people taking the time to smile at each other! (from Ingrid)

    ReplyDelete